|New Avengers (team)|
To fight evil when the main Avengers weren't available (succeeded)
|Location||New York City|
|First appearance||New Avengers (episode)|
- "This is on us. Kang's not invincible. The Avengers have taken him down before, and you wanna know how? They did it as a team. They didn't trip all over each other. They worked together and they took him down. And that's what we're gonna do."
- ―Spider-Man to the New Avengers[src]
Kang wants to conquer the 21st century
When Kang sent all the Avengers into different timelines with his Arc-powered time machine, Iron Man ordered J.A.R.V.I.S. to initiate the fail-safe protocol before he was time-dragged as well. Then JARVIS activated the protocol and searched for heroes around New York City so the chosen to be the New Avengers are: Spider-Man, the two Heroes for Hire Luke Cage and Iron Fist, War Machine, an X-Men member Wolverine and one Fantastic Four member Thing.
In their first battle against Kang, it didn't go well due to their lack of teamwork, but in the second battle, they succeeded as they distracted the time-travelling conqueror while Spidey disabled his time machine and brought back the core Avengers.
After they won, Spider-Man was given an Avengers ID Card, meaning that he now joined the Avengers as a reserve member and he mentioned that Luke sent them a bill for all that work, which Iron Man already paid. It was most likely Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Thing, War Machine and Wolverine were all reserve members as well also were given an Avengers ID Card.
With the arrival of the World Devourer and his heralds, the New Avengers headed the call of Code White Protocol and joined with the core Avengers and the other hero groups to work together and defeat Galactus and his heralds. They succeeded and left for the Avengers to be praised as Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker): Ally and reserve member of The Avengers. Helped them in Along Came a Spider... (leader)
- War Machine (James Rhodes): Ally and reserve member of The Avengers. Helped them in Alone Against A.I.M.
- Wolverine (James Howlett): Ally of Captain America from World War II and reserve member of The Avengers (Meet Captain America).
- Luke Cage (Carl Lucas): Member of Heroes for Hire, ally of Hank Pym and reserve member of The Avengers. Helped him in To Steal an Ant-Man.
- Iron Fist (Daniel Rand): Member of Heroes for Hire, ally of Hank Pym and reserve member of The Avengers. Helped him in To Steal an Ant-Man.
- Thing (Benjamin Grimm): Member of the Fantastic Four and ally of reserve member of The Avengers. Helped them in The Casket of Ancient Winters and The Private War of Doctor Doom.
- There was no female member in this team.
- War Machine is the only member in the comics wasn't a New Avenger.