- "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor!"
- ―Odin's enchanted spell on Mjolnir
Mjolnir is the magical Asgardian hammer wielded by Thor. Mjolnir can only be picked up by those it deems worthy. It was created by Eitri. Its magical properties are made of Uru metal, which ignites lightning.
With Mjolnir, Thor can summon lightning and thunder at his disposal to take down foes. It gives the god of thunder the ability to fly and open portals. It can return to Thor when called and flies. It can be used as a melee and ranged weapon in combat.
While very powerful, it can be stopped by Wrecker's crowbar and Radioactive Man's radiation blasts; including the Enchantress' dark magics, Kang's futuristic weapons and shields, and Magneto's powers of magnetism.
Background in other media
- Mjolnir has retained it's shape and powers unlike other versions and duplicates of the Asgardian hammer.
- 208. "The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill"
- ↑ "Thor the Mighty". Michael Ryan (writer) & Vinton Heuck (director). The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. October 24, 2010. No. 4, Season one.
- ↑ "The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill". Michael Ryan (writer) & Steve Gordon (director). The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. May 20, 2012. No. 8, Season two.