Explore the cosmos
|First appearance|| The Man Who Stole Tomorrow (only in a picture)|
The Private War of Doctor Doom (First full appearance
The Fantastic Four is a group of superheroes consisting of four members imbued by cosmic radiation. They often assist the Avengers in various battles against villains and are often fought by Doctor Doom.
The Thing and Human Torch are seen going to the Avengers Mansion and surprise Hawkeye saying "Is it 7:00 already" since they agreed they were going to play cards. However Hulk attacks the Thing due to his strong dislike of him (though reasons unknown). During this Iron Man and Wasp go to the Baxter Building to visit Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman. But while playing cards (in which the Hulk attacked the Thing for beating him) they are attacked by Doombots as well as Mr. Fantastic, Iron Man, Wasp and Invisible Woman. While creating Bombs at both locations to distract the others Wasp and Invisible Woman are taken. Then both teams go to defeat Doom but when they infiltrate the base Doom lets them go saying "do you not see what is happening here". Later on they try to figure out what Doom wanted at the mansion while Doom is at his base and discovers that The Invisible Woman is a Skrull posing as the real one.
After Thing saves War Machine from a giant robot from the future, he was wondering where are the other three members of his team. He explains to him that they are on a mission in a different dimension, while he stays behind to watch the football game, but he is missing out thanks to Kang's destruction. So Thing teams up with Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Spider-Man, War Machine and Wolverine to stop Kang the Conqueror from taking over the world.
- The Man Who Stole Tomorrow (first appearance) (Cameo)
- Ultron-5 (mentioned only)
- The Private War of Doctor Doom (first full/onscreen/official appearance)
- Alone Against A.I.M. (mentioned only)
- Secret Invasion
- New Avengers (mentioned only and Thing appears in the episode)
- Avengers Assemble (final appearance)
- Thing was the only member from the team to be part of the Avengers.
Background in other media
- They were the first family of superheroes in all of Marvel comic history.