Victor von Doom
Genius-level intellect, sorcery
|Chronological and political information|
|Image gallery (6)|
Victor von Doom, better known as Doctor Doom, is a power-hungry mastermind. He has a genius-level scientist, who specializes in advanced robotics, and often employs his own battle robots, called Doombots, to achieve his goals. He is the tyrannical ruler of the country of Latveria.
Lucia von Bardas, on Doom's orders, made arrangements to purchase weapons from A.I.M., but was interrupted by Iron Man who took down A.I.M. soldiers and Scientist Supreme and told her to give Doom a message that he'll come for him for stealing his tech. She then left with the two Doombots.
At some point after the beginning of the Skrull invasion, Doctor Doom correctly deduced that both the Avengers and the Fantastic Four have been infiltrated by the Skrull. He sent his Doombots to attack the Avengers Mansion and the Baxter Building simultaneously, and kidnapped Wasp and the Invisible Woman.
In his castle in Latveria, Doctor Doom scanned the two captured heroines using a gigantic machine. However, he was interrupted when the Avengers and Fantastic Four broke into the castle and attempted to free their teammates. Doom easily held off the two teams while the scanning process finishes. He then freed Wasp and the Invisible Woman, and ordered the heroes to leave, as they are trespassing on Latverian soil. Iron Man warned Doom that this is not over, and destroyed his machine before flying off. In the end, Doom's suspicions were proven true: the scan shows that the Invisible Woman is actually an imposter.
After the Avengers temporarily disbanded due to distrust brought by the Skrull infiltrator, Doctor Doom arrived at Tony Stark's Malibu Mansion to have a word with Iron Man, who has been unsuccessfully trying to find a way to detect Skrulls for weeks. Iron Man attacked Doom, but Doom told him that he knows what he has been working on, before giving him a chip that's been designed to work with Iron Man's incomplete detection device, which will allow Iron Man's armor to perform a "genetic reset" on the Skrulls, exposing their true forms and their true nature. Iron Man believes that Doom needs his technology to combat the Skrull, but Doom simply replies that he needs no one, and that fighting the Skrulls personally is beneath him.
What happened to him afterwards is unknown, though he was most likely freed after Purple Man's defeat.
Doom's face is never seen, because he always wears a mechanical armor which covers his whole body, the only parts that are not covered are his eyes. Doom also wears a green tunic that goes down to his knees, with a big black belt around his waist. He has a dark green cape with a hood to cover his face, held up by two golden clasps on both sides of his chest.
He is a psychopathic maniac bent on taking over the world. He also wanted to prove to Reed Richards that he's better and smarter than him in every way. He is very arrogant towards anyone and won't be easily distracted by mockery and insults. He operates calmly, just as he easily overwhelmed the Avengers calmly, while walking to his throne.
Doctor Doom has a serious hate for Reed and the rest of the Fantastic Four. Doom always competes with Reed Richards to show his superior intellect.
Powers and Abilities
- Sorcery: Doctor Doom is a master of sorcery and the mystic arts and has gained a myriad of magical abilties including.
- Telekinesis: Doctor Doom was able to make people and objects float by will, such as reflecting Human Torch's fire balls.
- Shielding: Doctor Doom can raise a shield of transparent light that can't be pierced by any force or super-power (except magic).
- Energy Wheels: Doctor Doom can generate wheels of magical energies that can blast people away without seemingly causing lethal injuries, which he used on Avengers.
- Magical Bubble: Doctor Doom can generate a magical bubble that renders a person immovable such as when he trapped Human Torch in one.
- Genius-level intellect: With his genius-level intelligence, Doctor Doom can create his own weapons and technology in Latveria.
- Power Armor: Doom has created an armor for himself that can be used to fight in battle. It also enchances his powers and gives him repulsor blasts.
- Enchanced strength: Doom can punch hard to those who stands in his way.
- Enchanced durability: Doom can survive blasts and blows,especially from Hulk.
- Electric shock: Doom can create an electrical shock to those near him.
- Force field: Doom can project a force field around himself from powerful blasts and blows.
- Concussive blast: Doom can fire a concussive weapon at long range.
- 101. "Breakout, Part 1" (mentioned)
- 201. "The Private War of Doctor Doom"
- 211. "Infiltration"
- 219. "Emperor Stark" (cameo)