The profile image of an article is intended to be the most appropriate and accurate depiction of the article's subject. Because of this, users cannot change the profile image of an article without first reaching community consensus after first making a proposal. This page serves as a discussion for image proposals, in order for the community to collectively decide which image is most suitable to each article.
- Users may make a proposal by uploading the image(s) they wish to propose, and clicking the "Make your proposal" button above, then filling out the fields required.
- It is preferred that all images should be in a ratio of 1000x500 (or greater), or 900x500 if the image has been cropped.
- Images should also be of a .png filetype to avoid a grainy thumbnail.
- The proposed image(s) will then be discussed among the community, and the image found to be most suitable will replace the current image.
- If no clear consensus has been reached, an administrator will open a vote, and each user will be allowed to vote for one image.
Character profile image standards
- From the image policy:
- The image should be an accurate, dignifying representation of the character.
- The infobox image should depict the character's most recognizable likeness, unless consensus dictates otherwise.
- The character in the infobox should be standing still, which includes all kind of absence of movement (characters should not be talking).
- If an article contains three images or more (including the infobox), an image from the character's torso is sufficient for the infobox. [...] Extreme facial closeups should be avoided.
- Proposal #01. Proposal #2 gives her an evil look. -- User:Feey1 I am FEEY1. Speak to me! 02:17, August 29, 2012 (UTC)
I just think Nick's image should be resized. -,- I can't fit it into the portalskin template with it looking messy. --٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ Regular Guy - Irregular Guys are my enem--friends! 17:17, August 30, 2012 (UTC)
- I agree.--Uskok (talk) 06:33, August 30, 2012 (UTC)
I vote for Proposal 2. (Proposal 03) --The Average Man 06:34, September 22, 2012
So are we ever going to vote on these? --The Stone that the Builder Refused. 04:44, October 23, 2012